Monday, June 23, 2008

Back In the Saddle

Today marks Day One of Stanford's online continuing education class on writing poetry.

I feel like a little kid on the first day of school . . . nervous, full of wonder, excited by possibility. I've done a few of these classes over the past four years and loved them. I need the discipline of a class (with deadlines) to engage in a writing practice. Stanford's Writer's Workshop classes give me the framework and structure to write along with the freedom to do it on my own time.

Every time I undertake one of these classes I grow as a writer. Thus far, each step has been visible primarily to me. Maybe this session marks will mark taking that more public step and sharing with a broader audience.

Longer term goals aside, today is the beginning of a new journey. I'm excited to be back on the path.

No comments: