Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wrapping Up the Weekend

This is a quick post. The household is tucked under their respective covers, save for me. I'm traveling tomorrow and doing one final check--and post. Today was focused, getting the house cleaned up, packing, getting a meal or two ahead of the family and snuggling with the kids. All in all a good day.

I'm looking forward to a few hours of solitude tomorrow. The window seat becomes my nest, to work, read, and think. As much as I miss my family when I travel, I appreciate a bit of time away.

I recently worked with a fellow who made every trip an adventure. He might choose an eleclectic or historic hotel. He wanders new neighborhoods and photographs everything. He inserts himself into the path of life and lives more richly for it. This is a good lesson for me. Carpe diem!

No comments: